City of Surf supports those that move the world for those that have no voice: the helpless, the mistreated, the needy, the planet.
Your purchase from City of Surf happens to help us help them. Contact City of Surf to continue to awaken our awareness of organizations like the ones here.
While this site is ad-free, this is the shameless plug with links to their direct sites:
- Alley Cat Allies – The global engine of change for cats. They go deep around the globe to champion the humane treatment of cats.
- Animal Shelter Relief Rescue – Based in Santa Cruz, California, Amy directly supports shelter organizations and has spearheaded the Perpetual Care Program to make sure that no pet is left behind.
- CatRescue 901 – These dedicated volunteers based in North Turramurra, Australia are focused on rescuing, fostering, spaying/neutering, and treating cats in the shelters and throughout their community.
- The Cattery Cat Shelter – This rescue is a cage-free shelter in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Center for Biological Diversity – Simply put, they save life on earth through science, law, and creative media with a focus on protecting the lands, waters and climate that species need to survive
- Humane Society International – Advancing the welfare of animals worldwide, HSI promotes the human-animal bond, rescues and protects dogs and cats, improves farm animal welfare, protects wildlife, promotes animal-free testing and research, responds to disasters and confronts cruelty to animals in all of its forms.
- Kitten Rescue Los Angeles – They are one of the longest-running and strongest volunteer-powered organizations rescuing cats from the streets of Southern California and City Shelter euthanasia by placing rescues into fosters and shelters, providing education, promoting awareness and supporting citywide spay and neuter programs.
- Love Your Feral Felines – This rescue organization is dedicated to giving cats and kittens a second chance at life focusing their work in the San Diego, California area.
- National Audubon Society – It’s their mission to protect birds and the places they need, and conserve and restore natural ecosystems for the benefit of humanity and the earth’s biological diversity.
- Rescue Kitties of Hawai’i – Based on Oahu, RKH is committed to providing rescue resources, and building a solid foster base and network so that the kitties of Hawai’i find safe, loving homes on the islands and on the mainland.
- Ric O’Barry’s Dolphin Project – Even before “The Cove,” the dolphin project has been committed to ending dolphin exploitation, captivity, harassment and slaughter around the world.
- Santa Cruz County Animal Shelter – No animals are turned away from this very special shelter in Santa Cruz, California.
- Skiathos Cat Welfare Association – Based on Skiathos in Greece, SCWA is actively searching for land on the island for the rescue’s permanent headquarters. Meanwhile, they continue to help the island’s cat population through programs that shelter, feed, treat, spay/neuter and provide medical care.
- Soi Dog Foundation – Started in Thailand and now a global mover, it’s their mission “to improve the welfare of dogs and cats in Asia, resulting in better lives for both the animal and human communities, to create a society without homeless animals, and to ultimately end animal cruelty.”
- Tiny Kittens Society – This tiny but mighty powerhouse has extensive list of local rescue programs and global awareness initiatives, operating out of Fort Langley, BC, Canada.
Full disclosure: If you don’t have aloha for pets, birds, nature, wildlife and planetary wellness, know that you are supporting these important causes anyway.
It is my life’s goal to do more in the many ways that I will find. Stay tuned as there are more beneficiaries!